Securitas was established in 1934 in Sweden with three guards. The company quickly grew organically and through acquisitions of smaller, regional companies.
Key events in Securitas History
- • 1972 - the Group adopted the name Securitas
- • 1980’s & 90’s – International Expansion across Europe
- • 1991 - Securitas was listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange
- • 1999 – Securitas entered North America and purchased Burns Security and Pinkerton Investigation Agency
- • 2007 – Securitas entered Asia, the Middle East and Africa